2018 Map 8.5 x 11 printable ( we will have printed maps for you at ride check in) new map coming 9/27/18
9-26-18 replaced Map my Ride links with more accurate Strava files below
Link to DAY 1 GPX file
Link to DAY 2 GPX file
- Friday 9-28:
- dinner is not provided Friday night
- we highly recommend mountain biking at the DTE flow trails and dinner in Chelsea if you get to camp early!
- 5 – 10 pm Packet pick up / rider check-in
- 7 – 10 pm Social bonfire. A keg will be flowing at camp. (Bring a camp chair for night 1)
- Only tents and hammocks allowed, Sugarloaf Lake State park has showers and running water.
- Saturday 9-29:
- Packet pick up from 8am-10am,
- breakfast includes coffee, pancakes, sausage, yogurt and topping bar, OJ and fruit.
- A short riders meeting will take place at 10 am followed by the ride departure.
- We will have to park our cars in an overflow lot near the campground exit before we depart.
- Day 1 ride is about 42 miles of 95% dirt; gravel roads, seasonal two-track and single-track sections through the DTE Trail and Potawatomi Trail (the single track portions can be avoided or expanded upon) and about 1300 feet of climbing.
- Be sure to carry ample water, energy food, tubes, spare chain, and knowledge to make repairs, money, cell phone, maps, bike lock, and all your camping gear.
- There will be one aid-station with a light lunch, water and energy food about 1/2 way into the ride. Please check in with John when you arrive for lunch and the campground.
- Post ride: snacks and social time
- Saturday night camping is at Hudson Mills Metro Park group campsite with some picnic tables and porta jons. Sorry there are no showers Saturday night.
- A group meal from Chris Cakes will be served starting about 5pm. The full dinner includes soft and hard shell taco bar consisting of plenty of meat or vegetarian options, Sarah Lee pie, lemonade, ice tea and of course kegs of Founders ale. Cups , plates, silverware provided.
- Saturday evening: social bonfire, raffle at the event trailer about 7pm followed by a guest speaker perhaps and Founders kegs
- Sunday 9-30:
- Breakfast from Chris Cakes similar to Saturdays meal.
- Day 2 ride is about 22 miles with 1100 feet of climbing. There are no aid stations on Sunday. Please check in with John when you arrive back to your cars.
What to bring:
- · Bike
- . Cell phone
- · camp chair for Friday night
- · water bottles or camelback
- · Bike light / rear blinking light
- · energy food
· Drinking cup, plate and utensils ( reduce/reuse ) we will also have disposable on hand
- · Bike tools, tubes, spare chain or links
- · Pump or co2 inflators
- · Ride maps and cue sheets ( We will print and provide )
- · Tent or hammock
- · Sleeping bag
- · Mattress pad
- · headlamp or flashlight
- · Cash and credit card
- · Layering bike clothes
- · Layering street clothes
- · Bath supplies
- · Water proof bags
- · Sunglasses, sunscreen
- · Hat and gloves if the weather is cool
- · Street shoes or sandals
- · Matches or lighter