The second annual Salsa Fargo SUB-48 will take place September 29th – Oct 1st, 2017. The event will be limited to 135 riders with Pre-registration through Bikereg only. Registration is $110.
Included with your event registration:
– Camping fees for 2 nights (Friday and Saturday)
– Friday evening Founders beer at social bonfire
– Saturday; light breakfast, post ride – afternoon snacks, full dinner, raffle, guest speaker and kegs of Founders beer
– Sunday morning; light breakfast
– You must register by September 14 to guarantee you will receive the event t-shirt!
– Course maps or cue sheets
– Porta jons
This event is meant to be an introduction to Adventure by Bike and not limited to only those with bike packing experience. You must be an experienced rider and capable of riding 5-6 hours a day. All bikes are allowed but Fargos are preferred of course!
This is not a race but rather a cycling exploration with two days of riding the gravel back roads of Manistee National Forest near Pentwater, MI and two nights of rustic camping. Participants will Adventure by Bike, carry their camping gear, water, energy food, tools, and tubes. We will provide light breakfast Saturday and Sunday morning along with snacks, dinner and Founders beer Saturday night so carrying food and cooking supplies is not necessary.
There is no sag service and no course markings (GPX and route maps will be provided). You should have knowledge of how to work on your bike in the event of flats, broken chains, etc. There is no drop bag service allowed, no car shuttles or family moving gear for you. Tent camping only, no motor homes allowed.